Today marks the first day of Autumn!
Whilst this does spell the end of sunbathing on the beach (for us here on the south coast) it does mark the start of cosy nights in on the sofa with snuggly blankets, mood lightening and hot chocolates.
It is also a great time to start a new design project in the home with a bit of a sitting room spruce up or boudoir beatifying session. So here are some of our Top Tips for adding some autumnal lustre to your life…
- Change up your accessories: One of the simplest and quickest ways to revamp a room without too much fuss is to add in some little seasonal elements. Magnolia leaves can add a splash of orange into a muted room, wreaths build up from leaves help to bring the beautiful colour of outside in and building up the fire surround with hearty wooden logs adds a proper autumnal feel.
- Get cosy with soft furnishings: Pile up the scatter cushions on the sofa and throw a chunky knit blanket across the end of the bed. Again selecting earthy, rich colours will create a real rustic finish.
- Feature Walls: Adding a splash of colour to your one of your walls in deep red, earthy green or burnt orange is a creative way to make a feature in the room which can be quickly painted over with another colour when the season change again.
- Don’t get cold feet: Swap your summery rugs for fake fur luxe ones. This will not only feel delightful under foot but they help to add an element of luxury and grandeur in the home.
- Make use of your Bay: If you’re lucky enough to have Bay Windows in your home, why not create a cosy snug to snuggly down in with a good book. Add a window seat with blankets for comfort and some Wooden Shutters on the windows for privacy and escape into you own private relaxation space.